Greetings, First Free Church! We’re pleased to report that the construction team is making consistent progress on the facility for the Christian and Missionary Alliance church plant.
The congregation continues to grow and two people were recently baptized. Currently, 35 adults and 50 children are attending the church. Thank you for your investment and prayers for this new congregation in Peru!
Progress and Next Steps
Local authorities recently agreed to pave a road that leads to the church, which is a great encouragement. The team is grateful as they see how God continues to answer prayer and provide for them. They recently received a donation of cement.
Artemio is a leader from the mother church. He shares, “I am grateful to be part of the evangelism team and it is refreshing to see that local children are very receptive to the Bible. We pray for a new generation to rise up to worship God in this city.”
Challenges and Learning Opportunities
The church team reports that it is challenging to coordinate with local authorities for some tasks that need to be completed such as extending drainage networks and leveling the land surrounding the new church. However, they are glad that the authorities are open to extending services to the property.
The construction continues to advance. Within the next 60 days, the team hopes to finish raising the walls for the sanctuary and then place the ceilings. They also plan to install ceilings for the first floor and second floors, and plaster all of the rooms.
Construction progress is shown in the following photos.
Recent Church Activities
Pastors from the mother church and the church plant work together in close coordination and supervise construction progress. Recent activities include:
- Visits from the pastor and leaders of the mother church to carry out work with children in the area.
- Letters and gifts from sponsors were delivered to children participating in the Compassion center.
- Child development staff made home visits to children and helped them write letters to sponsors.
- Staff scheduled medical checkups for the 1 and 2-year-old children.
- Children participating in the program are attending meetings on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Parents are attending the adult Sunday meetings.
- The first youth group was formed, topics were selected and a celebration was held.
Praises and Prayer Requests
Local families are grateful to the church for sharing the gospel. Families are attending church and bringing their children to the children’s meetings. Leaders ask you to join them in prayer for the following:
- Thanks and protection for each of the sponsors.
- Pray for the spiritual life of the newly baptized.
- Ask God to give strength and wisdom to the pastoral couple of the church plant.
- Pray for the proper growth of the little daughters of the pastor.
- Pray for the youth group, ask God to affirm and establish them in their spiritual and professional lives.
- Pray for the health of children and their families, as well as provision for their basic needs.
- Pray for the progress and completion of the construction.
- Pray for the national authorities.