First Free Church, we are grateful for your gift to plant a new church in Peru. Workers have made much progress since our last report. The church is active in community ministry and continues to grow. The team reports that 38 adults and 70 children are attending the church.
The photo above shows the interior of the church with walls and ceilings in place.
The construction has advanced rapidly over the last 60 days. Although there are very few roofers and master carpenters in the area, the church was able to find a roofer. Wood is not available locally, so the doors to the church were transported long-distance. Staff share they have learned much and seen God’s faithfulness through the challenges they’ve encountered in the building process.
The neighbors who live close to the site are very supportive of the church plant and child development center. They help keep construction materials safe and look forward to the inauguration celebration. Staff from Compassion’s Peru office visited the site to inspect the construction.
Over the next 60 days, the team hopes to see utility work completed including electricity, water and drainage. Workers also plan to do finish work and conclude the construction of the second floor. After the final construction is inspected, children will begin attending classes in the new facility.
Recent Church Activities
In addition to construction progress, the child development program is well underway. Recent accomplishments include:
- Tutors were trained to work with children and mothers at home. Tutors make home visits and deliver curriculum.
- The pastoral couple and tutors participated in a workshop on the code of conduct.
- Children from 5 to 7 years old received medical checkups.
- The mother church held fasting and prayer for completion of the construction.
Valentin leads worship in the new church. He shares, “I have been able to support evangelistic services and we have seen God work in the lives of children and youth. It is a joy to see that children will have a nice, big and safe place where they can learn about God.”
Images of Progress
Praises and Prayer Requests
The team is very thankful for your investment in planting the new church. They praise God that despite difficulties, the construction work is coming to an end. Staff have learned to seek God’s strength and wisdom. The pastoral couple of the daughter church felt very supported by the mother church and other churches. The church asks you to join them in prayer for the following:
- God’s provision for every detail as construction concludes.
- Pray for God’s protection over the children participating in the center and the salvation of their families.
- Ask God to equip the development staff to minister to the children.
- Ask God to refresh the pastors and staff as the construction concludes.