Warm regards, Menlo Church, we are happy to share with you the final report from your church plant, the Evangelical Church of Pilgrims of Perú – San Martin de Alao. Thanks in part to the completion of the new building, the church has made a strong impact on families in the community. Now families can join together in a safe place to learn about God. Thank you for your support and prayers throughout this process, and may God continue to move in Peru!
Total Number of Impacted Beneficiaries
150 children impacted through this program.
Final Church Construction Timeline
The San Martin de Alao Church Plant has completed the following activities:
- A construction committee organized by both the mother and daughter churches’ senior leadership prepared all the documentation necessary to move forward with the construction process.
- Building plans were drafted based on the program and design requirements of Compassion International.
- Construction materials were purchased and properly stored and crews began construction according to the building’s plans. Church members, project staff, volunteers, and hired workers were involved in this process. The new church facility consists of 5 classrooms, 1 multipurpose room, 1 office, 1 kitchen, 1 bathroom for boys and 1 bathroom for girls.
- On September 7, 2019, the new building was inaugurated. This event was a time of thanksgiving to God for the blessing of the building and prayer for the future work of reaching children in the community.
Q & A With a Beneficiary Family
Compassion interviewed Creotilde, the mother of a beneficiary named Xavier on the impact this new program has had on her child.
Q: What was your life like before the intervention was implemented?
My life was really complicated and difficult because I couldn’t meet most of my family’s needs, but thanks to the program, I have hope for continued help for my children.
Q: How has your life changed now that this intervention is complete?
I now feel more secure and relieved because my kids and family are learning the Word of God, and I believe that is strengthening us as a family. I am thankful that my children are learning and growing physically, spiritually, and academically.
Q: What will this change mean for your future or the future of your family?
I am grateful to the program since my children are learning to pray and sing, and I know that learning Christian principles will help them to grow and achieve their future goals.
Q: What would you like to say to those who provided the financial support for this intervention?
Thank you so much for your generosity with us and our children. Now, thanks to you, our kids have a nice place to play and learn.
Church Plant Impact
According to project manager, Teodoro, the completion of the project has significantly changed the lives of the beneficiaries. Children have access to healthy meals, hygiene education and other benefits as part of holistic child development. The completion of the building has helped the church reach more families and share the good news of salvation by giving the church a place to gather and provide services to the community. With the facility, they can serve more children and offer more services to the community such as academic tutoring.
“We are deeply grateful for the donations and support you have given to us and we are praying that God continue to bless you all. We encourage you to keep blessing other churches around the world in order to expand the kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
– Teadoro, Project Manager
The church plans to reach the following general goals within the community:
- Serve 150+ registered children through education and activities according to each child’s age in alignment with holistic child development.
- Provide access to clean, functional and gender-appropriate bathrooms to all children and promote good hygiene habits.
- Provide balanced healthy meals to all children served at the facility.
- Encourage the development of sports, cultural, and educational activities that provide children with life skills that will help them in the future.
- To create a space for spiritual development including Bible teaching, prayer, worship and reflection for all families involved with the project and the church.
- Provide a place for community programs such as a children’s Christmas celebration in December.
Thank you, Menlo Church for your ongoing support of this church plant. As you can see, this church is making a great impact on the children and their families in this community. Please continue to pray for the church and the families served at the Evangelical Church of Pilgrims of Perú – San Martin de Alao.