Menlo Church, we are excited to share this initial field update from your latest church plant, the Church of Pilgrims from Peru – San Martin de Alao in the El Dorado province, San Martin, Peru. Thank you for your continued support.
The land parcel owned by the church is flat and is in Barrio Reategui, close to the Reategui School.
- Week 1:
- Church workers staked out and drew the perimeter of the building on the ground, marking the appropriate areas for construction and excavation
- Preparations were made for the construction of the foundation and support columns.
- Week 2:
- Columns were placed
- The foundation was filled with cement
Currently, eight adults and six children attend the church regularly.
In the past 60 days, two people have made first-time professions of faith in Christ.
The church, with the help of the mother church, was involved in the follow activities:
- worship services
- meetings with members involved in church planting
- scheduled prayer times
- coordination of several aspects of the construction process
The primary challenge has been finding the right construction materials for the building because the district is far away from supply stores. Further complicating matters have been heavy rains in our region, which damaged some of our highways, making it difficult to transport these materials.
We will be working on the foundation:
- placing bricks
- filling columns with cement
- placing beams to enable construction of the roof
Testimony of Impact
First, I thank the Lord for all He is doing in our lives and in the church. Thanks to Compassion International for the opportunity and support it gives us, and to the donor church that helps us fulfill our commitment to the Great Commission which was entrusted to each believer in the Christian faith (Matthew 28:16-20).
This has had a positive impact in the district of San Martin Alao, opening doors to extend the gospel of God to many homes and present them the good news of salvation that Jesus Christ has for us. We are committed to reach these families and others for God’s kingdom.
– Pastor Gilver Rubio Altamirano
Praises and Prayer Requests
We are praying for your church and for you to continue being channels of blessing for our denomination and for other churches. We are thankful for your support because God’s kingdom is being enlarged and good environments are being provided for children and for our church.
Please pray for:
- the children who are registered and their parents
- the community
- our spiritual and physical strength during this time
Photos of Progress