As parents and caregivers begin to participate in devotionals and prayer time, the church building is beginning to take shape at your church plant, Iglesia del Nazareno, in Cura Morí, Peru. We are honored to provide Menlo Church with this progress report from the staff there.
Work began on March 22, 2018 and so far has included:
- Tracing, stakeout, excavation, foundation and columns of the first floor.
- We have a sub-foreman who supports us full time.
- Six builders work for him from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Purchase of the materials
- This was carried out by the pastor of the church with the help of the head engineer.
- The church helped in the construction of a warehouse where we safely store the materials and tools we are using for construction.
Currently 25 adults and 50 children attend the church.
From the beginning, we have believed our church will have an impact on the families of the community. For this reason, we are giving our best effort to help the beneficiaries with this opportunity that you have given us to help the people living in conditions of extreme poverty of this Village of Mahanain-Piura.
- Led by Bethy Nolberta Peña Ramírez, the church is carrying out the evangelistic campaigns aimed at the families of the community.
- Leaders are now considering starting family cells, which will improve their work with children.
- Construction of the foundation
- Brickwork around the perimeter
- Filling of the columns and beams
- Construction of the auditorium structure
- Water and drainage system
Testimony of Impact
For me it is a great opportunity to evangelize families. It is wonderful to see happy children and their families when we visit their houses and bring them food baskets and gifts. They allow us to enter their homes and talk to them of God’s love and help them every day to improve their lives.
Thank you for your great help that allows us to continue supporting the children and, above all, to continue spreading the work of God.
Sister Marcela Paz, Cura Mori tutor
Praises and Prayer Requests
For us it is a great privilege to count on your support, and above all, to know that you are praying for our children. We want to express our gratitude on behalf of the community of Cura Mori, which has been benefited from the support of its children.
Please join us in prayer for:
- families of the children who attend the child development center so their parents would know Christ.
- Pastor José Pintado Salgado and his family, who are in charge of the Church of the Nazarene of Cura Mori-Piura.