We are pleased to share news from your church plant, Iglesia Emanuel, where work is nearly complete. By the time you read this, the congregation will have celebrated the inauguration of the church building. Thank you for your faithfulness in praying for this growing congregation and giving them a place to build the foundations of so many lives for years to come.
In the last two months we have:
- Placed porcelain floor tile in the sanctuary. As of this report, it is 50 percent complete.
- Painted the classrooms, kitchen and restrooms.
- Painted the outside walls of the church (the indoor walls of the sanctuary are also covered with concrete).
- The official inauguration was scheduled for end of December.
Since our last report:
- The church has grown from 25 active members to 30, and the number of adults who attend regularly has grown from 50 to 60.
- The number of children who come to church activities and participate in Sunday school has grown to 60.
- Two young women and two young men were baptized in October.
- We continued with our Vacation Bible School for children and are also continuing with a Tuesday night Bible study.
- More women have begun participating in our prayer nights. A couple of men have, too. At first, they were merely coming to pick up their wives but have since decided to join the group.
The rainy season caused some construction challenges in November but did not stop the work.
We are really looking forward to the inauguration of the facilities and, with our next report, we will send pictures of this celebration.
Testimony of Impact
My name is Bruno Zabala. I am 26 years old, and I was a sponsored child in another child development center. I accepted the Lord when I was 11. I listened to the preaching at an event for many churches and I decided to go to the altar. When I opened my eyes after praying, I saw my 11 friends who also came to the altar and prayed.
I graduated from the center when I was 18 and got married when I was 19. I met my wife Lissy Taborga when we were kids at the center.
I studied to become an accountant and graduated from university when I was 24. Now I have a precious daughter, and all the values, teachings and time invested in me are bearing fruits. I praise God for what He did.
After having benefited from being a sponsored child, I now oversee sponsorships and really want the children of this community to be blessed at Emanuel Church just as I was.
Whenever I look to the church that is being built, I remember how God will work in each one of the beneficiary children of the church. They will be able to learn many things and develop their skills and the gifts God has given them.
I can’t wait to see what God will do!
– Bruno Zabala, sponsorship manager at Emanuel Church
Praises and Prayer Requests
We would like you to pray for the children and their families who are coming to the church. Most of the children come from broken families and still they are so open to receive the word of God.
Pray that their families would be restored through the word of God and that they all would become men and women of God.
Photos of Progress